In January 2019, Urban Impact, Inc. received a $54,000 grant from the Community Foundation of Greater (CFGB) to pilot a series of tactical urbanism initiatives in order to catalyze revitalization and vibrancy in Birmingham Historic Civil Rights District.
Planned Events and Initiatives
Urban Impact is forming a committee that consist of key community stakeholders including; The Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame, Birmingham Civil Rights Institute, the 4th Avenue Merchants Association, City of Birmingham, CAPS and the Birmingham Visitors and Conventions Bureau. The types of events we plan to produce include:
· Community Mural and Art Programs
· Movies in the Park series
· Music in the Kelly Ingram Park series
· Pop-Up Art, Poetry and Food events
· Food Truck Rally
· Senior Citizen - Yoga and Exercise Programs
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!